The New England College of Optometry campus is located in the historic Back Bay neighborhood of Boston. Major airline, train, and bus routes service the Boston area. Once you arrive, the city and College are easily accessible by public transportation, ride sharing programs, and taxis. Parking at the College is extremely limited though there are parking lots nearby.
New England College of Optometry, 424 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02115
Arriving in Boston
Logan International Airport – Located in East Boston, Logan International Airport is a major airport that provides service to many airlines. The airport is accessible by public transportation and taxis and is convenient to most attractions in Boston.
Amtrak – The Amtrak train has three stops in Boston and has multiple routes that serve major cities in the Northeast, such as New York City, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. The closest Amtrak station to NECO is Back Bay (BBY).
South Station Terminal – A variety of bus companies stop at South Station in Boston, including Greyhound, Peter Pan Buses, and BoltBus, which provide services to various northeastern cities.
- From Eastern New Hampshire, Maine or points North: Follow I-95 South to RT-1 South to Boston via the Tobin (Mystic River) Bridge. Take Storrow Drive exit. Take second exit off Storrow Drive, which is the Back Bay/Copley Square exit on the left. Take immediate right onto Beacon Street. Proceed eight blocks to the corner of Beacon and Hereford Streets.
- From Vermont: Take I-91 to Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) East (at Springfield, MA). Follow Western Massachusetts directions below.
- From New Hampshire: Take I-93 South to Storrow Drive exit. Take second exit off Storrow Drive which is the Back Bay/Copley Square exit on the left. Take immediate right onto Beacon Street. Proceed eight blocks to the corner of Beacon and Hereford Streets.
- From Western Massachusetts: Follow the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) east and take the Copley Square exit. After exiting, bear right and follow the Copley Square signs. Turn left onto Dartmouth Street (you will see the Copley Marriott Hotel and the Westin Hotel on your right). Keep going straight ahead six blocks until you reach Beacon Street. Take a left and proceed up to Hereford Street. We are on the corner of Beacon and Hereford Street.
- From Points South: Take I-84 North and join the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) east at Sturbridge, MA. Follow the Mass Turnpike to Boston and exit at Copley Square exit. Follow Western Massachusetts directions above.
- From Rhode Island: Take I-95 north, exit at Route 128 north and follow the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) east toward Boston. Follow Western Massachusetts directions above.
Getting to NECO
- Bus transportation between Logan Airport and Back Bay
- one-way fare: $7.50 by credit/debit card only
- one-way fare showing valid MBTA pass: $3.00 by credit/debit card only
- Bus route is approx. 20 mins
Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority - MBTA
The College is within walking distance of several MBTA services, including both trains and buses.
- Hynes Convention Center Station (Green Line) 0.4 mile
- exit the Hynes Convention Center Train Station to Massachusetts Avenue. Signs inside the train station will direct you to the Massachusetts Avenue exit. With your back facing the station entrance, take a right on Massachusetts Avenue and head north towards Beacon Street. Take a right on Beacon Street and walk one block. NECO is located at 424 Beacon Street.
- Copley Station (Green Line) 0.6 mile
- Massachusetts Avenue Station (Orange Line) 0.9 mile
- Back Bay Station (Orange Line) 0.9 mile
- Bus #1 and CT1 on Massachusetts Avenue at Beacon Street (towards Harvard) or at Marlborough Street (towards Dudley)
- Consult the MBTA’s website for up-to-the-minute information on schedules and services.
Airport Taxi and Shuttle Services
Taxis are available throughout downtown Boston. Major cab companies include Boston Logan Taxi Cab, Boston Cab, City Cab, ITOA, Metro Cab, and Independent Cab. Several taxi and shuttle companies service Boston Logan airport such as Boston Logan Taxi Service and Boston Airport Express.
Ride Sharing Programs
Ride share programs such as Uber and Lyft are also available in Boston.
Parking Near NECO
- Pilgrim Parking/Hynes Auditorium Garage - 50 Dalton Street, Boston, MA
- Pilgrim Parking/Somerset Garage - 425 Newbury Street, Boston, MA
- Prudential Garage - Entrance at Exeter and Boylston Street
- Standard Parking - 149 Newbury Street, Boston, MA
- Download parking app for easy payment
- Two hour limit on most meters
- Back Bay meters are $3.75/hour