Start making the right decision by asking questions.
- Is there a peer mentoring program to support my first year at school?
- Are the students fiercely competitive or do they encourage each other’s success?
- Is there an opportunity to get involved with a healthcare community outside of class?
- How will I learn patient relationship skills?
- Will I be exposed to diverse patient populations and clinical settings?
- Will the training be based in community settings and in community health centers, where I’ll be part of the patient’s team of healthcare providers?
- Will I gain experience using lasers, microsurgical procedures, and light therapy for dry eye treatment?
- Are faculty and staff personally invested in my success?
- Is there an opportunity to participate in research while I’m a student?
- Will I get help finding local housing?
- Does the school advocate for diversity and inclusion and strive for change?
- Do they help to place me in a job after graduation?
- Will I learn about different practice models for optometrists?
We’re here to provide all the answers you need to make this decision. Sign up for our mailing list to stay updated on all things NECO and schedule a time to meet one-on-one with a member of our admissions team.