Notice of our approach to COVID-19 and commitment to a safe environment.
Last updated: 7-19-2022
New England College of Optometry continues to be vigilant in its efforts to maintain a safe environment while ensuring a high quality educational experience.
To ensure that all members of the NECO community are safe, the college:
- Requires vaccinations for all employees and students, with exemptions for approved religious or medical reasons. To date, NECO has a vaccination rate of 99%.
- Continues to work with local and state departments of health to regularly monitor the situation and adapt our policies and protocols as necessary to address any new information regarding the pandemic.
- Uses continuous monitoring of the situation on campus and in the region, with a rapid response approach to changes.
- Employs a scientific and a multi-layered approach that includes a combination of testing, masks, contact tracing, symptom monitoring, and capacity limits.
- Students and employees are welcome back to campus and clinics, with no capacity limits.
- NECO Task force meets regularly to review and adapt protocols based on the most up-to-date information available.
- NECO provides PCR and Rapid Testing to all employees and students.
- Masks are still required in all patient facing activities, including clinical labs and clinical research. Masks are optional in all other settings.
For visitors, prospective students and alumni: Appointments are encourged, but walk-ins are welcomed.
The NECO COVID Task Force