Notice of our approach to COVID-19 and commitment to a safe environment.
Last updated: 12-09-2021
New England College of Optometry continues to be vigilant in its efforts to maintain a safe environment while ensuring a high quality educational experience.
To ensure that all members of the NECO community are safe, the college:
- Requires vaccinations for all employees and students, with exemptions for approved religious or medical reasons. To date, NECO has a vaccination rate of 97%.
- Continues to work with local and state departments of health to regularly monitor the situation and adapt our policies and protocols as necessary to address any new information regarding the pandemic.
- Uses continuous monitoring of the situation on campus and in the region, with a rapid response approach to changes.
- Employs a scientific and a multi-layered approach that includes a combination of testing, masks, contact tracing, symptom monitoring, and capacity limits.
- Is happy to welcome students and employees back to campus and clinics, with capacity limits where appropriate.
- NECO Task force meets regularly to review and adapt protocols based on the most up-to-date information available.
NECO expects these protocols to continue for some time. While at the same time we’re very pleased that the community’s vigilance and our approach to social responsibility has helped keep the college’s COVID numbers low.
We are pleased to share that our Admissions office allows campus tours by request and meets prospective students through multiple virtual meetings and outreach events. Ask your Admissions representative for details.
The NECO COVID Task Force