Find out what to expect from this important part of the application process—a day where you’ll have the chance to get to know us, too.
Prospective students who are invited to interview will be asked to join one of our Interview Days. Whether virtual or on campus, we’ve designed it to be engaging and rewarding. You’ll meet one-on-one with a faculty member, hear from our leadership, and have a chance to talk with current students.
Get to know NECO beforehand
- Faculty are an integral part of a NECO education and take a personal interest in student success. Get to know them here on our website before you meet them face to face.
- Learn the latest news from NECO through our social Facebook and Instagram posts.
- For specific questions about housing, financial aid, or any other aspect of the NECO experience, the Admissions team is here to help. Send us an email, give us a call, or start a live chat with us during office hours.
Prepare for Interview Day activities
On Interview Day, plan for:
- A welcome from Dr. Howard Purcell, President and CEO and a regular presence in classrooms, cafe, and throughout campus.
- A 45-minute interview with a faculty member, giving you the opportunity to tell your story, talk about how you became interested in optometry and share your aspirations for the future.
- A student panel for more conversations and a chance to ask for the inside scoop.
- An overview of our unique clinical training and education model.
Watch this helpful webinar for interview tips and advice, featuring a faculty member, a representative from the admissions team and a NECO student who’s been in your shoes.
After Interview Day, you can expect
- A small gift as a thank you for joining us.
- A brief survey about the Interview Day experience.
- An admissions decision within two weeks.