NECO is the academic sponsor of the VA Optometric Research Fellowship.
A research fellowship in optometry allows you to receive highly specialized training and prepares you for a career in academia, research, or clinical practice and enhances the breadth and scope of professional opportunities available to you. Optometry fellowships are typically completed following a residency.
Completing this fellowship provides you with the opportunity to:
- Enhance your marketability and increase your professional prospects in academia, industry, private practice, or a clinical or hospital setting.
- Be mentored by experienced clinical and research faculty from the Veterans Administration Boston Health Care System and by faculty from NECO.
- Enhance the visual welfare of America’s veterans.
- Serve as an attending optometrist in the VABHCS optometry clinics and to be a lecturer /instructor at NECO.
- Develop your speaking and teaching skills to serve as a role model and mentor.
- Enroll in courses at NECO and earn a master’s degree in vision science.
- Augment research within the field of optometry.
- A competitive salary with an increase in year two; comprehensive benefits including health insurance, sick days, and vacation days; and funding to attend one academic conference per year.