OD, New England College of Optometry
Professional Honors & Awards
2020 NECO Distinguished Alumni Award
2014 Clinical Faculty Award, NECO
2015 Diplomate in Optometric Education, American Academy of Optometry
2008 First Year Faculty Member of the Year
2007 Lester Janoff Award for Writing Excellence in Optometric Education, ASCO
2006 Certificate of Recognition as a top clinical preceptor, NECO
2002 Dupuis-Pellerin Award for Faculty Excellence, NECO
1997 Alumni Association Distinguished Service Award, NECO
1988 Seamark Award for outstanding efforts on behalf of handicapped children, Cotting School
1986 Best Education Poster Award, American Academy of Optometry Optometric Education
American Academy of Optometry
Publications & Presentations
- Carlson NB and Kurtz, Clinical Procedures for Ocular Examination, Fourth Edition, McGraw-Hill, 2016.
- Carlson NB and Denial A. “Hyperopia/Presbyopia: A Teaching Case Report.” Optometric Education, 2016: 41(2).
- Carlson NB. “Educator’s Podium: Teaching Optometry Students How to Study Actively.” Optometric Education, Vol. 41(1), Spring 2016.
- Denial A and Carlson NB. “Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension: A Teaching Case Report.” Optometric Education, Vol. 37, No. 3, Summer 2012.
- Carlson NB. Optometric Clinical Practice Guideline, Care of the Patient with Presbyopia. American Optometric Association, December 2010.