Residency, Primary Care and Ocular Disease, BronxCare Health System, State University of New York (SUNY) College of Optometry
OD, State University of New York (SUNY), College of Optometry
Areas of Expertise
Professional Honors & Awards
2021 Fellow, American Academy of Optometry (AAO)
2021 Diplomate, American Board of Optometry (ABO)
South Boston Community Health Center
American Academy of Optometry (AAO), Fellow
American Board of Optometry (ABO), Diplomate
American Optometric Association (AOA)
New York State Optometric Association (NYSOA)
Posters and Presentations
- Fung T-M. An OD’s approach to managing ocular trauma. SUNY College of Optometry Resident’s Day Program. March 2021. New York, NY. COPE-ID: 71423-GO
- Fung T-M. The thrombophilic state of cancer: ruling out breast cancer recurrence in a patient with a retinal vessel occlusion. Poster presentation at Heart of American Eye Care Congress Posterior Session.
February 2021.Virtual meeting.
- Fung T-M, Khattar A, Eleff T, and Blace N. Remarkable recovery of an atypical visual field despite poor
prognostic indicators in a patient with a pituitary macroadenoma. Poster presentation at American
Academy of Optometry Resident’s Day Poster Session. October 2020. Virtual meeting.
- Smith, AM, Fung T-M, Papaleo C, Reid C, Bliss J, Wolf I, and Harro C. Transcriptome-based sequencing
and mechanical measurements demonstrate the energy dissipation mechanism of an unusually tough hydrogel glue. Paper presentation at Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology Annual Meeting.
January 2017. New Orleans, LA.
- Fung T-M and Smith AM. Guiding the design of tougher medical glue: elasticity, energy dissipation, and
recovery of terrestrial slug glue. Paper presentation at Junior Research Symposium. May 2016. Ithaca,
Fung T-M, Gallego Lazo C, and Smith AM. Elasticity and energy dissipation in the double network
hydrogel adhesive of the slug Arion subfuscus. Phil Trans R Soc B. 2019;374(1784):20190201.