PhD, Experimental Psychology, Northeastern University
Areas of Expertise
Professional Honors & Awards
Fellow, American Academy of Optometry
Gold Fellow, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
2017-present IOVS Associate Editor
2014-present Member, DSMC for BLINK 1 and 2
2014-2019 Member, National Advisory Eye Council
American Academy of Optometry
Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
Myopia Risk Factors and Treatments
Publications & Presentations
- COMET Group. Myopia stabilization and associated factors in Correction of Myopia Evaluation Trial (COMET) participants. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013 Oct 24. doi:pii: iovs.13-12403v1. 10.1167/iovs.13-12403.
- Anderson H, Stuebing KK, Fern KD, Manny RE. Ten-year changes in fusional vergence, phoria, and nearpoint of convergence in myopic children. Optom Vis Sci. 2011;88:1060-5.
- Scheiman M, and the COMET group. PALs for children: can they slow myopia? Rev Optom 2008;79:55-59.
- Dias L and the COMET group. Reasons for successful retention of myopic children in a randomized, double-masked clinical trial. Clinical Trials 2005;2:443-452.
- Kowalski P, Wang Y, Owens R, Bolden J, Smith J, Hyman L, and the COMET group. Adaptability of myopic children to progressive addition lenses with a modified fitting protocol in the Correction of Myopia Evaluation Trial (COMET). Optom Vis Sci. 2005;82:328-337.
2019-present S. Qiu (co-advisor)
2019-2020 G. Velonias (thesis committee)
2017-2018 S. Britton (thesis committee)
2012-2016 L. Chan (main advisor)
2013 Leung Tsz Wing (Hong Kong Polytechnic University, thesis committee)
2011-2015 E. Chu (main advisor)
2010-2013 K Brogan (main advisor)
2010-2013 S. Shao (thesis committee)
2009-2010 K. Totonelly (thesis committee)
2006-2010 C. Beck (main advisor)
2005-2008 W. Kok (main advisor)
2004-2006 E. Harb (thesis committee)