OD, Pennsylvania College of Optometry
BS, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science
Areas of Expertise
Professional Honors & Awards
2015 Behavioral Optometry Scholar-In-Residence Recognition Award, New England College of Optometry
2014 Commendation Award, Support and Development Drug Recognition Expert Program, Pennsylvania State Police
2010 Public Service Award, New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians
2006 Richard Tarney Annual Memorial Award, Drug Evaluation and Classification Program of the International Association of Chiefs of Police, CANDID (Citizens Against Drug Impaired Driving)
1999 Best Technical Article National/International, Optometric Editors Association
1998 AM Skeffington Award for Excellence in Scientific Contributions to the Professional Literature
1989 Crisis Worker Certification, American Association of Suicidology, Board of Crisis Workers
1981 Fellow, College of Optometrists in Vision Development
Board Certified in Vision Therapy, International Examination Certification Board, College of Optometrists in Vision Development
1974 Diplomate; Binocular Vision, Perception, and Pediatric Optometry; American Academy of Optometry
1972 Fellow, American Academy of Optometry
1969 Diplomate, National Board of Examiners in Optometry
1964-1968 Board of Trustees Full Scholarship, Pennsylvania College of Optometry
American Academy of Optometry
American Optometric Association
College of Optometrists in Vision Development
International Association of Chiefs of Police
Police Physician Section
Drug Recognition Expert Section
Neuro-optometric Rehabilitation Association
North American Brain Injury Society
Effect of Nervous System Impairment on Eye Movements
Eye Movements and Reading
Vision Therapy and Neuro Rehabilitation
Visual Attention Dysfunction
Publications & Presentations
Dr. Richman has over 65 publications including research and review articles as well as book chapters. He serves as an editorial reviewer for Optometry and Vision Science and and the Journal of Vision Development & Rehabilitation. Below is a sample of his work.
- An Evaluation Of Pupil Size Standards Used By Police Officers For Detecting Drug Impairment , J Am Optom Assoc. Vol. 75 ( March) 2004: 175-82.
- The Adult Developmental Eye Movement Test (A-DEM): A tool for saccadic evaluation in adults, Jack E. Richman, Andrés Gené Sampedro, Journal of Behavioral Optometry, Volume 14 (4) 2003.
- The Influence of Visual Attention and Automaticity on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Clinical Oculomotor, Accommodative, and Vergence Dysfunctions. Vol 30 (3): Fall 1999 ;J Optom Vis Develop.
- Identification of Learning Disabilities in PreSchool Children, In Eye Care for Infants and Young Children, Moore B (Ed)Butterworth, Boston, 1997.
- Eye Movements and Reading, in Vision and Reading, Ed. Garzia RP. Mosby; 1st edition. Mosby. St. Louis. 1995: pp 133-148.