Alexis G. Malkin, OD, FAAO
- Associate Professor of Optometry
- Attending Optometrist, NECO Center for Eye Care, Commonwealth
- Attending Optometrist, Boston University Eye Associates, Middleboro and Brockton
- Attending Optometrist, The Cotting School
- Attending Optometrist, Boston Medical Center
Lions Vision Rehabilitation Fellowship, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Residency, Low Vision Rehabilitation and Vision Therapy, Northport VA Hospital
OD, New England College of Optometry
Areas of Expertise
Professional Honors & Awards
America’s Best Eye Doctors, Newsweek Magazine, 2021, 2022
Fellow, American Academy of Optometry
NECO Center for Eye Care, Commonwealth
Boston University Eye Associates, Middleboro and Brockton
The Cotting School
Boston Medical Center
American Academy of Optometry
Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
Quality of Life
- Malkin A, Goldstein, J and Massof RW. Interpretation of Health and Vision Utilities in Low Vision Patients. Optometry and Vision Science 2012; 89.
- Goldstein JE, Massof RW, Deremeik JT, Braudway S, Jackson ML, Kehler KB, Primo SA, Sunness JS and the Low Vision Research Study Group. Baseline Traits of Low Vision Patients Served by Private Outpatient Clinical Centers in the United States. Archives of Ophthalmology 2012; 130, 1028-37.
- Malkin AG, Goldstein JE, et al. Responsiveness of the EQ-5D to the Effects of Low Vision Rehabilitation. Optometry and Vision Science 2013; 90.
- Chan TL, Goldstein JE, Massof R and the Low Vision Research Network Study Group. Comparison of clinician-predicted to measured low vision outcomes. Optometry and Vision Science 2013: 90, 776-87.
- Brown JC, Goldstein JE, Chan TL, Massof R, Ramulu P and the Low Vision Research Network Study Group. Characterizing Functional Complaints in Patients Seeking Outpatient Low Vision Services in the United States. Ophthalmology 2014: 121, 1655-62.