The Optometrist will be responsible for providing primary vision care via examination, testing and prescribing. They will supervise front desk/optical technicians. Examine patients’ eyes to diagnose vision problems and eye diseases, test patients’ visual acuity, depth and color perception, and ability to focus and coordinate the eyes. Diagnose conditions caused by systemic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure, referring patients to other health practitioners as needed. Prescribe/administer drugs to patients to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of ocular problems. Prescribe eyeglasses and contact lenses. Document patient condition and progress.
- Bachelor’s degree with science studies preferred.
- Doctor of Optometry degree from an accredited optometry school required.
- Minimum three years of experience as optometrist, with at least one year in a medical practice preferred.
- Active license to practice by the Minnesota Board of Optometry.
- Knowledge in health and visual sciences, diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders.
- Understanding of pharmacology, optics, vision science, biochemistry and systemic disease.
- Fluency in English/Spanish language desired.