At Westminster Eyecare Associates we encourage creativity, thrive on thinking that falls outside of the box, and challenge our people to keep pushing what it means to be the leader in eye care. Here at Westminster Eyecare, our people drive our success! We’re among the fastest growing and successful private companies in the industry because we attract the most committed and passionate people.
The Associate Optometrist is a leader within the organization, delivering the Westminster Eyecare experience to patients and results through training and developing our people. Specifically, the Optometrist ensures all patients receive the highest quality Optometric care by delegating, performing and managing the key steps. The Optometrist also delivers results through flawless execution of clinical behaviors in line with company standards.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conveys a commitment to providing unsurpassed Patient Service through ensuring staff performs the following Service Process steps:
- Patient Satisfaction Excellence
- Addresses all patients’ visual lifestyle needs
- Builds patients’ for life
- Explains each step of the eye exam
- Listens carefully to patient questions or concerns
- Provides a summary of patient’s overall eye health
- Conducts all services in accordance with protocol and accepted standard of care
- Ensures all patients receive accurate diagnosis and appropriate recommendations on the initial visit.
- Establishes a positive Doctor/Patient relationship.
- Effective communicates with all office and gallery associates to ensure a seamless patient experience.
- Provides effective on-the-job training and guidance to team members making use of Company provided programs. Trains in areas including:
- Contact lens Training
- Exam quality by other Doctors
- Advocacy for corporate culture and policies
- Creates a positive culture fostering teamwork
- Encourages and fosters an “our patient” mentality not a “my patient” mentality. Has a willing attitude to share patients, and perform follow-up and annual exams with patients that may have been seen by a fellow O.D.
- Encourages associate decision making at the level closest to the patient.
- Constantly striving and encouraging self and others to Exceed Expectations on in following areas:
- Overall Patient Satisfaction
- % Sales to Plan
- Exam Growth
- Maximize productivity and profitability though leadership, partnership, and participation in ensuring:
- Rx is diagnosed correctly the first time - Reducing remakes and patient return visits
- Walk-in availability
- Takes pride in the appearance of the office
- Maintains safe working environment for all associates/patients
- Leads by example in demonstrating safe work practices and sanitization
- Performs other job-related duties within job scope as requested by supervisor, duties may change and vary due to the schedules
- A proven track record of delivering the organization’s results through people
- Knowledge of current Optometric theory and technology
- Comprehensive knowledge from operations, processes and business implications
- Strong communicator and listener
- Problem solving ability
- Organization skills
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Westminster Eyecare Associates will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.