The New England College of Optometry, a small, independent professional graduate school in Boston’s Back Bay, seeks a part-time Clinical Research Project Coordinator for a children’s vision clinical trial. The coordinator will work closely with the investigators in this position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating subject schedules with the investigators
- preparing case report forms
- ensuring compliance with best clinical practice standards
- ensuring adherence to the project's protocol
- capturing electronic data in an online database
- appropriately reporting adverse events
- submitting accurately completed forms to sponsors on schedule
- coordinating inventory and manages supplies
- other small project related tasks
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who possesses keen attention to detail and an ability to learn quickly. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are necessary, especially over the phone. Preference will be given to bilingual individuals fluent in Vietnamese or Chinese and/or applicants with links to these communities.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a healthcare or marketing fields
- basic computer data entry skills
- basic understanding of research processes
- previous experience in clinical research is preferred
- previous experience in patient care and medical scheduling or marketing experience are a plus;
- HIPAA and Human Subjects training will be provided.
This grant-funded position requires approximately 20 hours per week; exact hours and schedule are somewhat flexible. This is a benefits eligible .5 FTE position; FTE and benefits eligibility will be reviewed after 1 year and may be adjusted. The salary is $27.00 with adjustment for experience and ability. To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com