The New England College of Optometry Center for Eye Care seeks a full time Insurance Verification Coordinator. Reporting to the Revenue Cycle Manager, this position is responsible for running insurance eligibilities and benefits prior to date of exam, updating benefits within the practice management software, and communicating with Patient Care Coordinators at multiple locations regarding eligibility, benefits, and referrals.
- Verifies insurance eligibility using online or phone based eligibility systems and makes appropriate changes to demographic, benefit, and insurance information in Practice Management system;
- Ensures verifications are completed within a minimum of one business day in advance of appointments with the exception of same day add on appointments;
- Communicates with Patient Care Coordinators regarding eligibility, missing information, benefits, referrals, etc.;
- Demonstrates a commitment to maintain work practices that comply with established NECO Center for Eye Care policy and procedures;
- Demonstrates a commitment to promote a safe environment for patients, visitors and peers;
- Assists Billing Department and other Patient Care Coordinators as necessary;
- Perform other duties as required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Two years minimum experience in medical office or billing experience preferred
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of software programs utilized in the practice and a working knowledge of medical billing softwareMust be able to multitask efficiently and effectively in a busy environment
- Understanding of Medicare/Medicaid rules and regulations, and CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Understanding of private insurance and vision plan rules and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent follow-up skills
New England College of Optometry is an Affirmative Action/equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to HRDepartment@neco.edu.