Reporting to the Director, Alumni Relations, this full-time, (35-hours/week) benefits-eligible, exempt position supports a wide range of programs consistent with maintaining and increasing Alumni and constituent engagement in philanthropic support of the College. The Assistant Director coordinates functions and daily operations of the Office of Institutional Advancement (IA), including development, alumni relations, and continuing education, and supports marketing, communications and event planning.
- IA Budget monitoring
- Reconcile budgets, including accounts payable and receivable
- Ensures funds are distributed in compliance with existing gift, corporate agreements and College policy
- Coordinate stewardship reporting to provide donors with an annual update on the status of their pledges and/or endowed funds
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance to create and maintain financial reports
- Manage Alumni and donor databases
- Provide database analysis of alumni and corporate giving, generate constituent reports with queries to event attendance, mailing lists, and reports
- Reconcile monthly gifts and assign budget codes for revenue and expenses
- Coordinate the donor acknowledgement process by overseeing the production, approval, and delivery of all acknowledgement letters in accordance with College policy.
- Corporate Grants and Development: coordinate timeline and prepare materials for mailings, grant submissions, appeals, publications, reports and invitations.
- Assist in preparation of corporate outreach materials and maintain corporate giving history.
- Marketing/Communications: create invitations and manage Constant Contact email campaigns
- Provide support for internal and external development events, including oversite of contracts, menus, invitations, catering, audiovisual, registration and onsite staffing.
- Coordinate and support NECO’s Alumni Continuing Education programs: live (local and regional) and online productions, including course accreditation process, serve as a liaison to coordinate content with speakers, third party and external providers and online vendors, registration and fee processing, event catering and venue logistics, and post event reporting.
- Alumni social media groups: promote alumni events, news, and maintain website and social media content.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in philanthropy, alumni relations, and have a desire to further and enhance their knowledge and experience in the area of development.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and mail merge functions.
- Exemplary organizational skills and detail oriented
- Exercises discretion and good judgment with confidential information
- Detail oriented with strong financial analytical skills
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills with multiple internal and external constituents including students, staff, faculty, alumni, and corporate and business partners.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse constituents and be effective in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Ability to manage time efficiently, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Willingness to be flexible with schedule and work outside normal working hours.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in higher education and/or business management
- Experience using databases such as Abila, Razor’s Edge, Constant Contact, or similar programs
- Experience working with social media campaigns
- Experienced in independently overseeing complex project management responsibilities
- Experience in coordinating social events and professional programs
The College offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply, send cover letter and resume to HRDepartment@neco.edu.
The College is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.