Looking for an optometrist to take on a part-time role at our practice with the goal of eventually moving to a full-time role. The practice consists of 2 established ODs and 6 ophthalmologists. Involvement would include:
- Perform comprehensive routine exams and refractions, which may include contact lens renewal.
- Perform diabetic exams and manage emergency exams as needed.
- Other medical management may be required.
- Co-managing care with ophthalmologists as needed (retina, glaucoma, and ocular plastic specialists)
ADDITIONAL SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES:
- Prior experience in either pediatric exams or low vision exams or residency training in either a plus
- Performing eye exams in Spanish is a plus
- Knowledge of the intricacies of vision plans preferred
- Must be able to thrive in a high-volume practice (1 patient every 15 minutes with 1 tech support)
- Interest in clinical research is preferred but not a requirement