Lahey Hospital and Medical Center (a founding member of Beth Israel Lahey Health) is offering a position for an Optometrist to join our Division of Ophthalmology. We are a physician-led, multi-disciplinary group practice of more than 600 doctors. Our two hospitals (Burlington and Peabody) and multiple satellite clinics are located in the northern and western suburbs of Boston. The area provides excellent school systems, abundant cultural activities, and convenient access to the mountains and seacoast.
Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is a 317-bed tertiary care facility with outpatient clinics and Level I trauma center located in Burlington, MA. Lahey Hospital and Medical Center has a fully integrated EPIC EHR platform. The Ophthalmology division has four modern and fully equipped offices (Burlington, Peabody, Arlington, and Lynnfield, MA) and a state-of-the-art surgical facility in the Peabody hospital.
Optometrist Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Perform vision tests and analyze results
- Diagnose and treat ocular issues and diseases such as farsightedness or glaucoma
- Prescribe corrective lenses and fit contact lenses
- Experience welcome in Contact Lens treatment with scleral lens, Rigid GPL, special interest in Keratoconus
- Build strong doctor-patient relationships
- Handle eye care emergencies
- Evaluate patients for other health issues such as diabetes, and refer to other healthcare providers as necessary
Optometrists must be able to provide comprehensive eye care to patients, which includes everything from routine check-ups to treatment and ongoing management of visual disease or injury. Optometrists may also need to counsel patients on other health issues such as smoking or obesity, and how that can affect ocular health.
Interested candidates should send a CV and brief cover letter to both:
Shiyoung Roh, MD
Chair of Ophthalmology