The Optometrist will conduct eye exams for AEG Vision and strive to practice to the full capacity of their license. The Optometrist will support practice growth by establishing patient relationships and education to the patient on eyecare.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducting Eye exams
- Establishing long term patient relationships through proper patient care and education
- Performs verbal interview with patient prior to examination to determine health and ocular history, medical issues, reasons for their visit as well their visual wants and needs.
- Instructs, recommends, and advises patients as to their options for remediation of ametropias, systemic and ocular disease, as well as visual wants and needs. Hands-off patient to support staff with recap discussion
- Ability to generate patient loyalty and promote the profession of Optometry and AEG Vision values
- Perform vision tests and analyze results.
- Diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness and eye diseases.
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, and medications
- Recommend or provide treatments such as vision therapy or low-vision rehabilitation (brand-specific)
- Provide pre-and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgery–for example, examining a patient’s eyes the day after cataract or refractive surgery
- Evaluate patients for the presence of diseases such as diabetes and refer patients to other healthcare providers within the proper time frame
- Promote eye health by counseling patients, including explaining how to clean and wear contact lenses and how often to have their eyes examined clearly communicating to the opticians and other salespeople appropriate recommendations for the best possible lenses with the latest highest technology coatings and designs