A high-tech, education-forward Optometric practice in Port Alberni, BC seeks a passionate, dedicated Optometrist to join their team. Potential for future buy-in or buy-out!
With over 50 years of experience, this practice is Port Alberni’s only independent optometry practice and has been a local staple since 1960! They provide the most modern, compassionate, and thorough care from prevention to custom solutions through ongoing training for both of their doctors and support team.
This Vancouver Island destination has much to offer. Carved by glaciers, sheltered by mountains, the Alberni Valley is a brilliant ecosystem, protected by a group of communities working together and enjoying this amazing space. Discover old growth forest and west coast beaches, waterfalls and mountain views. Outdoor enthusiasts with a taste for the extreme will find breathtaking hikes, mountain biking, zip lines and kiteboarding, with west coast surfing just a bit further down the road. If it gets your pulse racing, you can find it in the Alberni Valley.
The city of Port Alberni is the largest city and commercial hub of the region. Real estate is considered to be a very good value for the lifestyle and all the services available in the area. In particular, people moving from Vancouver, Victoria or other relatively high priced communities find this area to be a bargain.
- Mon-Fri only
- Tech and scribe assistance
- Utilize OCT, glaucoma analysis software, AMD genetic testing program, etc.
- Potential for future buy-in or buy-out
- EHR: VisualEyes
- Work part-time or full-time (3-6 days/week)
- Pays $550 per diem + 17% collections after production
- Benefits include 4 weeks off per year, student loan repayment through pre-tax production bonus, malpractice insurance
Responsibilities of the OD:
- See 12-19 patients per day
- Work hours: M-F 8-4
- Diagnose/treat an array of diseases: Glaucoma, AMD, diabetic retinopathy
- Treat an array of vision disorders: Low vision, myopia, dry eye
- Soft contact lenses, scleral lenses, RPGs, hybrids, FBR lenses
- Patient base covers all ages
- Doctor of Optometry degree (O.D.)
- Valid registration to practice Optometry in British Columbia