The Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine is seeking optometrists to join the Wilmer Eye Institute’s comprehensive eye care division. This individual will work independently to provide primary ocular evaluations for patients at Wilmer Eye Institute. Positions are available at outpatient clinic locations in Bel Air, Bethesda, Columbia, and Frederick, Maryland.
- Comprehensive care providers perform vision and medical eye exams within the bounds of individual licensure and Maryland’s legal scope of practice.
- Common encounters include diabetic eye examinations; evaluation of dry eye disease, cataracts, and stable glaucoma; Plaquenil screenings; triage of urgent eye or vision concerns; and comanagement of postoperative patients.
- On-site referral/consultation for patients requiring surgical or advanced subspecialist care in glaucoma, retina, cornea, neuro-ophthalmology, oculoplastics, and low vision rehabilitation.
- Vision care services include prescription of glasses and soft contact lenses, with the opportunity to build a practice in specialty therapeutic contact lenses. An on-site optical is available with a team of licensed opticians and high-quality materials.
Consider a career at Wilmer Eye Institute: a leader in the delivery of state-of-the-art eye care.
- Favorable hours and flexibility template scheduling, with no weekends or evenings
- Bonus pay commensurate with productivity and optical referrals
- Generous benefits package including health insurance, 403B contribution, wellness offerings, family care programs, community discounts, and tuition remission
- Limited on-call responsibilities, shared across providers
- Option of clinical staff or faculty position
- Access to Cirrus and Heidelberg OCT, HVF3, Optos, Pentacam, pachymeter, iCare and autorefractor
- Designated exam room with dual computer monitors and Zeiss FORUM Viewer
- Epic EMR system allowing collaborative care among the Johns Hopkins multidisciplinary health care team
- Designated faculty mentor to guide academic pursuits and professional growth
- Opportunities to participate in departmental and educational activities including continuing education courses, team meetings, and professional development activities
Apply here: https://facultyjobs.jhu.edu/Home/Search?searchCriteria=Optometrist