Dr. Hilary Gaiser is an Assistant Professor of Optometry in the department of Primary Care and has interests in the areas of pediatric optometry, vision screening, binocular vision and optometric research. After receiving her Doctor of Optometry Degree in 2015, she went on the complete her Master’s of Vision Science in 2016 on the accuracy of the Spot photoscreening device for the detection of refractive amblyogenic risk factors in preschoolers. Dr. Gaiser currently continues to work in private practice and enjoys sharing experiences with this mode of practice with her students.
Currently, Dr. Gaiser is a lab instructor for the Principles and Practices of Optometry (PPO) course for first-year students as well as for students in the Accelerated Optometric Degree Program (AODP). She also lectures on introductory binocular vision procedures for the PPO course. Additionally, she serves as an instructor for the Clinical Reasoning III course. Dr. Gaiser is a preceptor for the NECO Vision Screening Outreach Program.
Publications and Presentations
1. Gaiser, Hilary OD; Ho, Connie OD; Janier, Nicole OD; Wee, Amy OD; Johnson, Catherine OD;Watanabe, Ronald OD; Practitioner Perceptions of Patients Wearing Decorative Contact Lenses Purchased Through Unauthorized Sellers. (March 2017). Eye & Contact Lens: Science and Clinical Practice. Vol 43. Issue 2. P 135-139.
2. Gaiser, Hilary OD, MS. A Modified Referral Criteria for the Spot Photoscreener to Increase Amblyopia Risk Factor Detection in Preschoolers. (2016) American Academy of Optometry (AAO)Presentation. Anaheim, CA.
3. Gaiser, H. OD, Moore, B. OD, FAAO, Solaka, N. OD, Ran H. BS, Germain B. BS. Measurement of Hyperopia by the Spot Pediatric Vision Screener Compared to Gold
Standard Examination in Children Aged 2 to 7. (2015) American Academy of Optometry (AAO) Data Blitz Presentation and Poster Session. New Orleans, LA.
4. Gaiser, Hilary BA, Moore, Bruce OD, Solaka, Nadine BSc, Ledoux, Daniele MD, Sandoval, Josephine OD, Shah, Ankoor MD, Rook, Caitlin MS, He, Ran BS. Accuracy of the Spot Pediatric Vision Screener for the Detection of Hyperopia, Astigmatism and Anisometropia. (2014) Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Poster Presentation. Orlando, Florida.
5. Gaiser, Hilary; Moore, Bruce; Pamplona, Vitor; Solaka, Nadine; Schafran, David; Merrill, Dennis;Sharpe, Nathaniel; Geringer, Joe; Raskar, Ramesh. (2013). Comparison of a Novel Cell Phone Based Refraction Technique (Netra-G) with Subjective Refraction. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Poster Presentation. Seattle, Washington.