The following websites are provided as a resource to practitioners on issues related to eye health and vision care. They are not endorsed by the College in any way.
- All About Vision
This non-profit organization provides information, education, and resources about contact lenses, LASIK & vision surgery, eyeglasses, sunglasses, eye exams, low vision, computer vision, sports vision, eye safety, nutrition and eyes, children’s vision, cosmetic procedures, vision insurance, and various eye conditions.
- Community Eye Health Journal
Free quarterly publication about relevant clinical issues and public health information for eye care workers of all levels.
- Eye Health Information: Diseases and Disorders from the National Eye Institute/NIH
Concise glossary of patient information about a number of vision disorders compiled by the National Institute for Health.
- Global Vision Database
Repository of high quality population-based studies of blindness and vision impairment data.
- Glossary of Eye Conditions by the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
A glossary that includes concise description of a wide variety of ophthalmic conditions and disorders with links for further information.
- NEI 2005 Survey of Public Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices (KAP) Related to Eye Health and Disease
Survey results of NEI and Lions Club International to ascertain public knowledge about eye health and disease.
- Vision 2020: The Right to Sight
Global initiative by the World Health Organization (WHO) and International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAHB) for the elimination of avoidable blindness.
Anatomy, Histology, and Physiology
Consumer-oriented health references
- All About Vision Contact Lens Information
Consumer guide detailing information about contact lenses.
- Contact Lens Spectrum
Source of information about clinical contact lenses that includes information about new technologies, patient compliance, and fittings.
- GP Lens Institute Educational division of the Contact Lens Manufacturers Association (CLMA) that provides practitioners with information and resources about contact lenses.
Massachusetts Manuals and Materials
- Vision Care Manual
Manual by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Division of Medical Assistance contains “regulations, administrative and billing instructions, and service codes for optometrists, opticians, ocularists, and ophthalmologists.”
- Vision Care Services and Ophthalmic Materials
Materials provided by the Massachusetts Division of Health Care Finance and Policy (DHCFP).