Gayathri Srinivasan, MS, OD, FAAO
- Associate Professor of Optometry
- Director, Pediatric Concentration Program
- Director, Special Populations Rotations
- Attending, NECO Center for Eye Care, Commonwealth
Residency, Pediatric Optometry, New England College of Optometry
OD, New England College of Optometry
MS, Physiological Optics, University of Missouri
Areas of Expertise
Professional Honors & Awards
Fellow, American Academy of Optometry
NECO Center for Eye Care, Commonwealth
American Academy of Optometry
Efficacy of behavioral and instrument-based vision screening in 0-3 year old children
Vision disorders in adult traumatic brain injury
Efficacy of amblyopia treatments in children and adults
Impact of refractive error correction on early child development and literacy skills
Publications & Presentations
- Srinivasan G, Schwartz S, Williams S, Bossie T. Implementation of vision therapy using telehealth services in an academic practice. Vision Dev & Rehab 2020;6(2):182-7.
- Gaiser H, Moore B, Srinivasan G, Solaka N, He R. Detection of Amblyogenic Refractive Error Using the Spot Vision Screener in Children. Optom Vis Sci. 2020 May;97(5):324-331. doi: 10.1097/OPX.0000000000001505. PMID: 32413003.
- Srinivasan G., Russo D, Taylor C, Guarino A, Tattersall P, Moore B. Validity of the Spot Vision Screener in detecting vision disorders in children 6 months to 36 months of age. J AAPOS 2019; 23:278.e1-6 DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaapos.2019.06.008. PMID: 31521849
- Srinivasan G., Russo D., Lyons SA., Influence of Participation in an Elective Course in Enhancing Perceived Critical Thinking, Independent Learning and Residency Decision-Making. Optometric Education 2017; 42(3): 15-19.
- Srinivasan G. Management of Intermittent Exotropia of the Divergence Excess Type: A Teaching Case Report. Optometric Education 2017; 42(2): 43-52.
L. Rani, Class of 2022