Office of the Registrar
Please review the policy before printing and completing the Transcript Request Form.
1. A transcript may not be released to a third party if the student or former student has not met his/her financial or other outstanding obligation to the College. Further information is available in the Hold On Services Policy.
2. A transcript will be issued only on the written request and authorization of the student or former student concerned. This written request (no emails or faxes) must provide the following information.
· full name while attending the College (not married/divorced present name)
· dates of attendance and/or degree(s) received with graduation date(s) if applicable
· last four digits of Social Security Number and date of birth for verification only
· address(es) where the transcript(s) should be mailed
· signature of student or former student and date
· full payment, if applicable
3. Only academic and clinical course work taken at the College as well as any transcribed administrative or disciplinary information will appear on the transcript.
4. There is a three to five working day turnaround time for all transcript requests. Requests are handled on a first come/first serve basis.
5. FEES: There is no charge for transcripts for students while attending the College and until the end of the month in which a student graduates unless more than five transcripts are requested within one academic year. Students who have requested more than five official or unofficial transcripts within one academic year will be charged $10.00 for each additional transcript.
There is a charge of $10.00 for each official or unofficial transcript for former students and must be included with the written request. A check drawn on a bank within the United States should be made out to “New England College of Optometry”. Payment is also acceptable by submitting a ‘money order’ or ‘postal order’ in U.S. currency especially from foreign countries.
6. The student or former student is responsible for providing the correct address for mailing of a transcript. If an additional transcript has to be sent because of an address error by the student or former student, the transcript fee will be charged again.
7. OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT – An official transcript, which is so designated and bears the seal of the College and the signature of the Registrar, is sent only to educational institutions, state boards, National Boards, research institutes, Departments of the Federal Government, and other authorized agencies and institutions. PLEASE NOTE: The policy of the College does not allow an official transcript to be sent or given directly to the student or former student even in a signed and sealed envelope.
UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT – An unofficial transcript, which is so designated and does not bear the seal of the College or the signature of the Registrar, is sent to the student, former student and other individual parties.
SUBMIT WRITTEN REQUESTS WITH FEE, IF APPLICABLE, TO:
The New England College of Optometry
424 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02115