Library News for 2011
The NECO Library is pleased to announce the results of:
The Guess the Jellybeans in the Jar Contest
held in honor of National Library Week
THE ACTUAL NUMBER OF JELLYBEANS:
The Winners and their Guesses:
1st Prize: Amanda Gajewski OD2013 with a guess of 364
won: the Jar of Jellybeans & the Eye Clock
2nd Prize: Jen Le OD2013 with a guess of 362
won: the Smiley Face Salt & Pepper Shakers
3rd Prize: Katherine Hogan OD2013 with a guess of 352
won: the Eyeball Racers
On Thursday, April 7th the NECO Library and Archives hosted a table during the welcome reception at the Franklin Institute for attendees of the annual Ocular Heritage Society meeting. Librarian/Archives Coordinator Heather Edmonds and Director Kristin Motte shared books from the library’s Special Collections as well as some instruments from the archives, including a previously unidentified item which attendees speculated was a precursor to the BIO .
Also on display at the reception were eyeglasses from different periods of history which are a part of the Franklin Institute’s collection. Faculty member Blair Wong coordinated the reception.
National Library Week
And to celebrate the Library is sponsoring a Guess the Jelly Beans in the Jar Contest!
April 11-17, 2011
1st Prize: Eye Clock & the Whole Jar O'Beans
2nd Prize: Smiley Face Salt & Pepper Shakers
3rd Prize: Eyeball Racers
- Closest three guesses without going over actual amount, receive prizes.
- One guess per contestant. Duplicates will be discarded.
- Entry must include your legibly-written Name, Phone #, and Bean Count.
- Once an entry has been submitted it cannot be retracted.
- Entries must be submitted no later than Sunday April 17, 2011, 4pm.
- Non-student NECO library staff and family members are not allowed to enter.
- Library staff can show you the prizes.
Winners will be announced on Tuesday April 19, 2011.
No unreasonable bribes of library staff will be accepted.
Sponsored By ~ The Library Staff