Recruitment and Events Coordinator - Office of Admissions
The Recruitment and Events Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Admissions and oversees event management and assists with recruitment initiatives.
Campus Visit and Event Management
- Oversee the planning, coordination and execution of all on-campus admission events and interview days.
- Work with the Director and Associate Director to ensure events are in line with strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for all aspects of event management including project plans and timelines, the registration process, data collection and reporting, budget management, room reservations and catering, and all event-related communication.
- Serve as lead technology advisor for visit programs with an eye toward maximizing efficiency and streamlining communication wherever possible
- Supervise student event workers; provide on-going training and manage hiring, scheduling, and time reporting
- Regularly monitor survey results and conduct quality assurance audits for campus events
- Plan other on-campus recruitment events as necessary throughout the year
- Maintain an advanced working knowledge of NECO in order to assist students with admissions process and market all programs
- Provide a high level of personalized service to inquiries and applicants
- Manage and monitor frontline office email
- Conduct phone and on-campus consultations as needed
- Conduct admission presentations and local travel and assist with travel planning as assigned
- Participate in application screening on an as-needed basis
- Assist with marketing and communications initiatives and CRM coordination and management
- Assist with alumni ambassador and three/four pipeline program
- Maintain an advanced working knowledge of the prerequisite requirements and serve as lead reviewer, advisor, and project manager for all aspects of the prerequisite process
General Office Responsibilities
- Assist with management and maintenance of admissions calendar
- Assist with office operations as needed including providing support for the application and data input systems and the overall communications flow
- Answer incoming phone calls on rotation with other admissions staff
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of professional experience, preferably in recruitment and event coordination
- Demonstrated skills and experience in event planning and execution
- Excellent problem solving, multi-tasking, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to exercise initiative as a critical member of a team and to work independently with high efficiency and productivity
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills and the ability to troubleshoot technology issues and learn new applications independently
- Sense of humor
To apply, send resume and cover letter and 3 professional references to HRdepartment@neco.edu.
New England College of Optometry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.