Patient Care Coordinator - Commonwealth Avenue
New England College of Optometry seeks a caring individual with excellent customer service skills and exceptional attention to detail to work at the front desk assisting patients. This position reports to the Patient Intake Manager of NECO Center for Eye Care, the affiliated clinical system of the New England College of Optometry, a professional graduate school in Boston’s Back Bay. This is a full time position at our 930 Commonwealth Avenue clinic location.
Following proper protocols, the Patient Care Coordinator will perform the following essential duties:
- Answer incoming telephone calls, greet and check in/check out patients in a professional, courteous, and timely manner
- Schedule patients, obtain insurance information, collect insurance copays or self-pay balances
- Review billing to ensure that appropriate procedures and diagnosis codes have been designated by provider
- Maintain patient records: organize paperwork, ensure reviewed charts are filed correctly
- Update provider schedule and pull charts for scheduled patients for the next day
- Promote culturally competent care and proactively make provisions for linguistically competent care
- Respond to staff doctor needs before, during, and after patient exam
- Understand when and how to switch an appointment type and proactively seek referrals and prior authorizations if needed
- Direct patients to optical shop
- This position works at computer station for extended periods of time
- Other duties as required
- 0-2 years of customer service experience in a fast-paced operations-oriented setting
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent keyboarding and data entry skills
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Knowledge of Google mail and Microsoft software applications
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
This position is 40 hours per week, benefits eligible and will be scheduled according to clinic needs. Applicants must be able to work any of the shifts at the clinic, and evening and Saturday availability is essential. On occasion, the Patient Care Coordinator may be expected to cover shifts at Roslindale Square clinic location.
The College offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply, send cover letter and resume to HRDepartment@neco.edu.
The College is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
For more information about employment, visit Employment Opportunities.