Patient Care Coordinator
Job posted on August 4, 2016.
Our eye clinic is seeking a caring individual with excellent customer service skills and exceptional attention to detail to work at the front desk assisting patients. This position reports to the Practice Director at New England Eye, the affiliated clinical system of the New England College of Optometry, a professional graduate school in Boston’s Back Bay. This position is located at the Commonwealth clinic at 930 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite 2A, Boston MA 02215.
Following proper protocols, the Patient Care Coordinator will perform the following essential duties:
- Answer incoming telephone calls, greet and check in/check out patients in a professional, courteous, and timely manner
- Schedule patients, obtain insurance information, collect insurance co-pays or self-pay balances
- Review billing to ensure that appropriate procedures and diagnosis codes have been designated by provider
- Maintain patient records: organize paperwork, ensure reviewed charts are filed correctly
- Update provider schedule and pull charts for scheduled patients for the next day
- Promote culturally competent care and proactively make provisions for linguistically competent care
- Respond to staff doctor needs before, during, and after patient exam
- Understand when and how to switch an appointment type and proactively seek referrals and prior authorizations if needed
- Direct patients to optical shop
- This position works at computer station for extended periods of time
- Other duties as required
- 0-2 years of customer service experience in a fast-paced operations-oriented setting
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent keyboarding and data entry skills
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Knowledge of Google mail and Microsoft software applications
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
This position is 40 hours per week, benefits eligible and will be scheduled according to clinic needs. The clinic is open from 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM Mondays through Thursdays, Fridays 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM and Saturday: 7:30 AM – 2:00 PM. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to HRDepartment@neco.edu.
The College offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
The College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.