Manager of Facility Operations and Compliance
New England College of Optometry (NECO) is a small, independent, graduate institution located in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood. NECO seeks a Manager of Facility Operations and Compliance for sites which include the College’s historic Back Bay campus and two eye care clinics located on Boston’s Commonwealth Avenue and in Roslindale Square. The Manager of Facility Operations and Compliance reports to, assists, and works under the general direction of the Director of Campus Planning and Facilities Management, and works closely with the Manager of Buildings and Grounds and the Facility Co-coordinator. The Manager of Facility Operations and Compliance assures that the College is in compliance with all relevant facility and research laboratory procedures, permits, inspections and reports in accordance with the requirements of the Authority(s) Having Jurisdiction. Additionally, the Manager assures all safety measures, procedures and protocols are implemented and followed to provide a safe environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors. The Manager of Facility Operations and Compliance also implements plans to facilitate small renovation projects and coordinates resources, vendors and contractors as required. This position works with department staff to develop and monitor the department operations and capital budgets.
- Implement reviews and assessments
- Facility and laboratory permits
- MSDS, Right to Know, Campus Reporting & Prevention
- Inspections (Internal & External)
- Coordinate with external subject matter expert resources
- Manage Hazardous waste programs and procedures
- Maintains & updates documentation
- Submits Reports both internal and external for compliance
- Proactively assure a safe environment
- Facility Safety
- Staff & Faculty Safety Training
- Safety Committee
- Emergency Notifications and Closings
Small Project Coordination
- Assists the Director of Campus Planning to plan and administer projects
- Work with internal and external teams to plan and coordinate small projects including office moves and relocations
- Plans & co-ordinates internal and subcontractor resources
- Plans & co-ordinates utilization and purchasing of FFE and finishes
- Maintains and updates project documentation before, during and after project work
Budgets (Operational & Capital)
- Collaborates with department to develop, prepare and forecast department budgets
- Monitors Operational and Capital budgets and recommends adjustments
Other Duties as Assigned
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- Basic requirements for this position include management skills, knowledge and experience for the successful accomplishment of the duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, facility management, project management and/or relevant certifications and credentials
- Knowledge and experience of facility operations and building systems
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory compliance and safety procedures
- Knowledge and experience in managing safety programs and safety training
- Knowledge of permitting and regulatory process
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and drawings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, (MS Word, Excell, etc.) and other software tools
- Collaborative manager, team builder and player
To apply, submit resume and cover letter and 3 professional references to HRDepartment@neco.edu.
New England College of Optometry is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
The college offers competitive compensation and benefits.