Assistant to the Registrar
Reporting to the Registrar, the ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who is able to process information efficiently and with great attention to detail. He or she must exhibit the highest levels of professionalism and problem-solving abilities. The candidate will be expected to follow and ensure compliance with institutional policies and procedures as well as Federal and Commonwealth laws.
- Provide administrative assistance in all functions of the Registrar’s Office including but not limited to writing correspondence; answering phones and emails; sending out loan deferments, verifications of education, and transcripts; processing mail; and scheduling meetings.
- Accurately enter data into student database. Generate reports through the system as requested by appropriate administration and the Registrar.
- Assist Registrar in duties related to several registrations, commencement activities and special projects throughout the year as well as compile student documentation for Student Affairs Committee meetings.
- Dispense information to students, administration, faculty and alumni with regard to Federal, Commonwealth and college policies, and Registrar’s Office procedures.
- Solicit and compile student handbook contents from various offices and departments.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Perform related duties as necessitated by the position or as assigned by the Registrar.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 1-3 years experience as an administrative assistant, preferably in a College setting.
- Must be detail oriented and be capable of successfully completing multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Possess strong computer skills with aptitude for learning new software
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel required
- Experience using a data base preferred
The College is an Equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
For more information about employment, visit Employment Opportunities.