Assistant to the Registrar
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who is able to process information efficiently and with great attention to detail. He or she must exhibit the highest levels of professionalism and problem-solving abilities. The candidate will be expected to follow and ensure compliance with institutional policies and procedures as well as Federal and Commonwealth laws.
- Perform diversified duties providing administrative assistance in all functions of the Registrar’s Office while maintaining strict confidentiality. Reports directly to the Registrar and Assistant Registrar in Registrar’s absence.
- Provide accurate information to students, administration, faculty and alumni with regard to Federal, Commonwealth and college policies and procedures related to the Registrar’s Office and to Department of Homeland Security-USCIS policies and procedures with guidance from the Registrar.
- Perform tasks without direction to ensure the efficient operation of the Registrar’s Office such as composing correspondence, sending out transcripts, loan deferments, verifications, etc., handling telephone calls, processing mail which includes numerous outgoing bulk mailings, implementing e-mail notifications and scheduling meetings and appointments. Coordinate routine duties ensuring timely completions.
- Maintain student data base by entering information into registration computer system such as grades, address changes, and other biographical information. Generate reports through the system as requested by appropriate administration and the Registrar.
- Setup preliminary course information. Enter and edit courses and student registrations in computer system.
- Responsible for soliciting and creating preliminary lists of students expected to graduate, creating motions and submitting students’ names to the faculty and Board of Trustees for a vote and verifying approval, verifying the eligibility of students to graduate, ordering of diplomas, etc.
- Solicit and compile student handbook contents from various offices and departments. Set up meetings, if needed. Review content. Task is done under the direction of the Registrar or designee.
- Assist the Registrar in keeping up to date with new rules and regulations with regard to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Provide accurate information to students, administration, faculty and alumni with regard to Department of Homeland Security-USCIS policies and procedures. Evaluate foreign student documentation to determine eligibility for F-1 student visa. Maintain foreign student records and generate I-20 forms for students in the government’s SEVIS computer system. Keep Registrar up to date on non-compliance or status of students that have been processed. Compile figures for required USCIS reports.
- Compile student documentation for Student Affairs Committee (SAC) meetings. On rare occasions may be required to attend meetings in the Registrar’s absence.
- Assist Registrar in duties related to several registrations, commencement activities and special projects throughout the year.
- Perform related duties as necessitated by the position or as assigned by the Registrar.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two to three years of full time experience at an assistant level in an office setting, preferably in a College setting
- Must be detail oriented and be capable of successfully completing multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Possess strong computer skills with aptitude for learning new software; knowledge of Jenzabar and InfoMaker preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel required
- General knowledge of FERPA and USCIS regulations helpful
To apply, you MUST submit cover letter which details how your skills relate to this position, along with a resume and contact information for three (3) professional references to HRDepartment@neco.edu.
The College is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
For more information about employment, visit Employment Opportunities.