Assistant Director, Alumni Relations and Development Services
Reporting to the Director of Professional Relations, this full time (35- hours/week) benefits-eligible position coordinates all aspects of the functions and operations of the Office of Institutional Advancement, (IA) including development, alumni relations and continuing education, social media and communication projects, and supports the department’s event planning.
- Responsible for all aspects of alumni and donor database (Abila) entering data, auditing data for accuracy, producing reports, running processes, working with IT on software upgrades, and testing.
- Process and acknowledge all donations, gifts and corporate sponsorships and maintain alumni, revenue and expense records.
- Reconcile monthly gifts and assign proper codes for revenue and expenses for specific programs and events.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance to create and maintain a series of financial reports.
- Corporate Grants and Development: prepare and coordinate a timeline for mailings, grant submissions, appeals, publications, reports, and invitations.
- Corporate Outreach: assist in preparation of corporate outreach materials and maintain corporate and foundation giving history.
- Marketing Communications: create invitations and manage communications using Constant Contact according to the IA events calendar and assist with the production of printed invitations and collateral for national conference receptions.
- Alumni Social media groups: manage and promote alumni events and news.
- Assist in production and collaborate with team on content of NECO’s quarterly alumni eNewsletter using Constant Contact.
- Assist in coordinating IA and Alumni events, including Continuing Eduction accreditation process (ARBO-COPE approval), invitation lists, marketing, site logistics, registration, on-site support and wrap-up activities.
- Office operations: maintain events and communications calendars, process check requests, reconcile corporate credit card statements and invoices and track office supplies inventory. Greet visitors, answer phones, file, and perform other clerical duties.
- NECO website: update the development and alumni website pages.
- Annual Appeal: assist in preparing a strategic timeline for the schedule of appeals, draft letters, segment lists for targeted donor outreach and cultivation, identify potential donors, oversee the development of annual fund collateral, work with the vendor on all aspects of production.
- Maintain schedule of work study students and oversee work assignments.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, Word (including Mail Merge), knowledge of data base systems and proficient social media skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and pro-actively prioritizes to accommodate immediate office deliverables and deadlines
- Ability to work on both team-based programs and manage independent projects
- Detailed oriented with financial analytical skills.
- Ability to create and manage invitations and events in Constant Contact.
- Ability to professionally interact with visitors, students, staff and faculty, alumni, trustees of the College.
- B.S. with 1-2 years experience in alumni/development office or higher education strongly desired
- Experience using databases such as Abila and Constant Contact or similar programs.
- Experience managing social media campaigns
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in coordinating social events and professional programs
- Strong writing skills
- Strong computer skills; data base systems, Excel, and Word - position requires Mail Merge, and Publisher experience.
- Ability to communicate and interact with students, staff and faculty, alumni, trustees of the College and the visitors that are part of the College environment.
The College offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply, send cover letter and resume to HRDepartment@neco.edu.
The College is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
For more information about employment, visit Employment Opportunities.