This early morning series of continuing education lectures focuses on a variety of optometric topics on campus. Lectures are open to all student, faculty, alumni, and ODs that would like to attend. Lectures take place in the Clausen Room at New England College of Optometry from 7:15 AM - 8:15 AM.
Light refreshments will be served following the lecture. For more information of to RSVP, please contact Elena Bilodeau at email@example.com.
2016 Spring/Summer Lectures
- Update - Corenal crosslinking for keratoconus and other applications
Michael Railman, M.D. (Please note that this event has been postponed.)
- June 3, 2016: Updates on 1) Laser Treatment of Vitreous Floaters, and 2) Foresee Home Test for Early Detection of Wet Macular Degeneration
Speaker: Chirag Shah, MD, PhD
- April 13, 2016: Corneal Hysteresis
Speaker: Bridget Hendricks, OD, MS, FAAO, Assistant Professor of Optometry, New England College of Optometry
- March 30, 2016: Why is African American Heritage a Risk Factor for Glaucoma-Related Blindness?
Speaker: Louis R Pasquale, MD, Chief, Glaucoma Service, Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary
- OCT - Cases, Pitfalls, and Artifacts presented by Robert Dunphy, OD Director of Ocular Imaging Ophthalmology Service of the V.A. Jamaica Plain Hospital, Affiliated
- Epiretinal Membranes: Natural History, Related Events, and Treatment Options presented by Torsten Wiegand, MD, PhD
- EKC Treatment Update - Steroids? Betadine? Antivirals? NSAID’s? presented by Matthew J. Garston, OD
- Exfoliation Syndrome: From the Nanosphere to the Stratosphere presented by Louis R Pasquale, MD, Director, Glaucoma Service, Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Uveitis - Clinical Pearls in Diagnosis, Treatments, and Medical Workups presented by Lana M. Rifkin, MD, Anterior/Intermediate/Posterior Uveitis, and Scleritis Specialty, Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston